Page 1 of 1
Dually Suspension \  1996 c3500 on 22s

1996 c3500 on 22s

Dually Suspension Dually Tech
views 2817
replies 5
following 3

garyackerman66   +1y
what needs to happen in order to fit 22" big rigs on the front? i have a ride tech cool ride kit with belltech spindles in front and i heard the brakes needed to get swapped to 3/4 ton rotors. will doing that suck the wheels in too far or just about right? how about the rear? it's not body dropped but plan is to do a 3 link for simplicity and more than likely bag over axle for capacity/strength reasons. my question is how much do i narrow out of the axle tubes if i were to run stock inners and leave the stock frame width alone? i'm not looking for a precise measurement, just a ballpark to withing an inch on either side. i'm still in research and planning mode. won't likely start the project until spring. thanks in advance!
garyackerman66   +1y
nothing? help a brother out!
comegetsome   +1y
this truck has all 3/4 ton suspension bolted up on it......then hebolted some 01+ front dually hubs to his 3/4 ton stuff.....it was good for 1 inch narrower than a stock dually up front.....he didnt wanna extend the control arms which you will have to doif you swap to 3/4 ton stuff.....it will be to narrow and wheels will hit frame if you dont.....out back this truck has a stock SRW 2500 rear outta a 98 model....you will either loose your inner fender wells and run a shorter rear or run stock inner fenders and a stock axle and widen your outter fenders....i can personally work with metal alot faster than fiberglass so we choose the shorter rear end
thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo
garyackerman66   +1y
What's the difference between the 3/4 and one ton control arms? I'm kind of leaning toward michigan metalworks gear up front because of the quality and it's a known. Simple process of r&r. If that's the case I may be putting all my ride tech front gear up for sale. It's barely used. Like less than 5k miles
comegetsome   +1y
3/4 ton and 1 ton arms are the same....only the hubs are differant
93blazedlowlife   +1y
sweet truck so srw rear tucks the big rig wheels? nice thats what i plan on doing for my 93 build. and you got to keep the outter tubs stock? do you have more pictures of this beast or a write up about it comegetsome? thanks
Page 1 of 1