threads
Page 1 of 1
Dually Suspension \  How narrow for 24's???

How narrow for 24's???

Dually Suspension Dually Tech
views 1566
replies 7
following 3

lsfrnknstn   +1y
Hey guys! been on here lil while, never posted but i'm a little new to the dually scene. I have a 2000 crew cab long bed that is going to be getting a custom frame. I plan on running 24's an was told that the 2000 year Chevy has the widest rear end. I cannot for the life of me find a for sure amount to take off of the axle to be able to run the stock fenders. I need to get the axle shortened before it get its frame done..

Can anyone please assist me in this, it would be much appreciated

Thanks!
krewzlo   +1y
My 2000 has the wide track option, i cant remember if it is gty or gt4 option code in the glove box. I had to widen my fenders 5" per side on my 24's with 16's on the inside. To run all 6 24's i would of needed to go wider. I hope that helps. Technically mine is too wide now to he legal by about an inch.
lsfrnknstn   +1y
daamn haha thanks man!
lsfrnknstn   +1y
Bump

Anyone else? someone has to be running 24s with a narrowed axle lol
lockone   +1y
Depends on the tire size you plan on running but most of the trucks we have built with 24s and a narrowed axle have been narrow between 9 and 11" total.
lsfrnknstn   +1y
is there a popular size u guys been putting on or recommend? id like some meat on my rim cant be ridin on skinnys!.. the roads around here suck
krewzlo   +1y
I run a 255/30/24 but only because anything bigger would hit the hood or go through it
lsfrnknstn   +1y
awesome thanks!
Page 1 of 1