Page 1 of 2
Dually Suspension \  york vs. viair

york vs. viair

Dually Suspension Dually Tech
views 1910
replies 10
following 6

bigbeardedbastard   +1y
i have searched and read as much as i could. i am looking at ditching the viairs i have currently and going with a york 210 edc......for those of you currently running yorks are there any downfalls vs running electric compressors? my viairs are slow to fill my tanks and without a high output alt...they drain the crap out of my battery. looking for thought and feedback from you all

thanks
BBB
krewzlo   +1y
I run one and wouldnt run anything else. The only downfall is having to fill with oil frequently. Not a big deal though. I keep melting the hose from the comp to the tank as the air comes out hot as hell. I have been running hydraulic hose but that goes after awhile too. I am switching over to thick wall flexible copper very soon.not sure how that will do but worth a try. Mine runs all the time as i am lifting and dropping frquently when cruising. On the highway it fills my 10+ gal in about 15 seconds from 100-200psi. I run a small electric just for back up too. I will eventually run 2 yorks when i get time to build a bracket for the 2nd one just because i am switch happy some days.
andy@alldayfab   +1y
There is no down side. Worse case is the compressor completely fails and you go spend $50 dollars on another one. Electric compressors work well on cars and small trucks only because its very difficult to mount an EDC on them. Im running a york 210 on my 454 97 chevy and the only issue Ive had is the clutch went bad and I had to spend $25 dollars on a new one.
bigbeardedbastard   +1y
awesome! these are the answers i was lookin for! although i am not all that switch happy, florida roads suck and i would like to know that i have the air handy when i need it!
comegetsome   +1y
Yea man definitely run the York....but keep those Viairs under there in case you have something go wrong with your York they will get you home
bigbeardedbastard   +1y
thats kinda what i was thinking....ive got one strong viair...the other runs rough. but still good enough for a backup.
severeddime   +1y
I'll run a York if I can figure out where to mount it on the 6.5

I ran one on my S10 and I don't think I could go back to electric and keep my sanity.
bigbeardedbastard   +1y
well for now i am putting in a new 383 stroker motor with a v-belt set up....i should have plenty of room for the york to mount.....i have a industrial edc on my work truck i use to power a jackhammer and was always impressed with the airflow.....the viairs have never impressed me.
comegetsome   +1y
My boy Dillon has a small block in his dually with a V-belt setup....I'll see if I can get a pic for ya of how he mounted his
bigbeardedbastard   +1y

that would be awesome!! thanks! hows your build coming btw? havent seen anything new recently??