Page 1 of 1
Dually Suspension \  3/4 ton hub conversion caliper question

3/4 ton hub conversion caliper question

Dually Suspension Dually Tech
views 1894
replies 6
following 4

krewzlo   +1y
Are the calipers the same on the non duallys as the dually ones? My non dually rotors are about 1/4 in thinner and sont think the calipers will work. I thought they didnt need to be switched out. Any help would be appreciated
gjf   +1y
The 1 ton SRW rotor is an exact dimension as the DRW rotor except the length obviously..... If you have different dimensions than the original rotor including hub center and rotor thickness you have the wrong part.

brianbgboy   +1y
I think you may have the wrong part as well. All I have have done were exact too. That may be why you have the adapter center bore issue.
krewzlo   +1y
Dually rotor is 1.535" and non dually rotor is 1.291 according to wagner's web page. They also list different calipers for srw and drw. I just ordered delco calipers part number 18FR741 and 2 for a srw. The delco # for dually calipers are 18FR981 and 18FR982. The outside diameter is just a fudge off too, 12.504 to 12.500. I don't know why others would be exactly the same when they aren't supposed to be. I also found on the adapters the center hole wasn't exactly what it should have been either, had the rotor's machined to fit the adapters so I didn't change the adapter and would be able to be used on a dually rotor later if need be.

See below, copied directly from Federal Moguls (Wagner) website

BD125212 8600gvw
Disc Brake Rotor and Hub Assembly
2000 CHEVROLET C2500

BRAKE ROTOR ATTRIBUTES
Slotted
No
Material
Cast Iron
Height - Inches
Height - MM
Outside Diameter - Inches
Outside Diameter - MM
Finish
Directional
New Part Thickness - Inches
New Part Thickness - MM
Vented
Vented

2000 CHEVROLET C3500

BRAKE ROTOR ATTRIBUTES
Slotted
No
Material
Cast Iron
Height - Inches
Height - MM
Outside Diameter - Inches
Outside Diameter - MM
Finish
Directional
New Part Thickness - Inches
New Part Thickness - MM
Vented
Vented
krewzlo   +1y

That rotor from autozone is 32.64mm or 1.285" thick, where the dually one measures 1.535", definitely enough that the calipers won't work correctly when the pads get worn down. I would be afraid of the piston coming out to far and either not being able to come out enough to apply enough pressure or it coming out and jamming in there.

I have new calipers coming in today and will compare my findings.
krewzlo   +1y
The calipers are definitely different. The srw one has a narrower opening between the piston and the outer surface. They bolt right up and take care of the big gap that I had when using the drw caliper.
hangslo   +1y
Hey bro, I havent been on here in a while, but just logged on and saw this. Just one quick point/question. Did you check the SRW 3500 option? I thought I looked this up and the 3500 rotors are different from the 2500 rotors, as in the 3500 SRW have similar dimensions to the DRW rotors due to the heavier duty load rating of the 1 ton versus 3/4 ton.
Page 1 of 1