threads
Page 1 of 1
Dually Suspension \  2005 1/2 ton Chev DRW Conversion Questions......

2005 1/2 ton Chev DRW Conversion Questions......

Dually Suspension Dually Tech
views 873
replies 0
following 1

ottis   +1y
First off, new to the forum from Minnesota and looking for some help.

I have searched the forum relentlessly and wither I am missing something or the information that I need is not here. There is some information on older GM half ton conversions but not anything in the 2000+ range that I have seen. Questions are as follows

What 1 ton parts will bolt right into my truck?

Earlier models can use the upper control arms and then the 1 ton spindles/hubs/etc. But is this true for the 2000+ Trucks?

What axle should I be using? Years/models if any that will be a direct swap?

Can I use a 2500 rear end and then spacer kit from a company like Arrowcraft? Is this a better way to go then the DRW axle from the 3500? Are there going to be any width issues with this set up?

I am sure that there will be more questions to follow but this should be enough to get me started. I believe that I found the conversion U-Joint info that I will need and the source for the DRW Short box fenders but the rest remains a mystery.

Truck getting the conversion is a 2005 1/2 ton, Reg Cab, Short Box. I would greatly appreciate the help!! Or if this has already been covered somewhere and you could point me in the right dorection that too would be appreciated!

Thanks for the help!! Ottis
Page 1 of 1