threads
Page 1 of 1
Dually Suspension \  Valve question for a Crewcab Dually, 3/8" or 1/2"?

Valve question for a Crewcab Dually, 3/8" or 1/2"?

Dually Suspension Dually Tech
views 1269
replies 7
following 4

unusualfabrication   +1y
I'm starting a 2000 Crewcab Dually project. Curious as to what valve size valves you are running. Are 3/8" valves enough to get the job done or do I need to go with 1/2"? I just don't want it to fast. IMO 1/2" on a mini is way to much so I like 3/8" but clearly a crewcab 1 ton dually with a big block is much heavier. I'd hate to purchase eight 3/8" valves just to turn around and have to purchase eight 1/2" valves. Thanks!
krewzlo   +1y
I run 2 1/2's to lift and one for dumps on the front, they are t'd together and 1 lift and 2 dumps in the rear. Welcome to the site Chris!
unusualfabrication   +1y
Thanks! So is it fast lifting? I'm not worried about the dumps, I am going to put in adjustable mufflers so I can adjust that.
krewzlo   +1y
Yeah, not lightning fast but i would never go with 3/8. Bodied they take about 140 psi with he7's on 19's to turn so its not just pressure but volume to lift. I am going to 8's so i can turn the 24's. Just barely clear with the he7's. I run about 11 gal storage and is enough to cycle the compressor with one full lift.
unusualfabrication   +1y
Ok, I was figuring 1/2" anyways, I can always slow it down some with flow controls if its to fast. This truck isn't bodied, just frame, but i'm putting 22" semis on it. Dominator 2600 for bags.
big bear   +1y
valves are always going to be one of those never ending debates which is more personal preference. i say run 6 bare minimum. but i always run 8. on my noma i ran all 1/2 inch . and with it being small blocked,system,and my big ass it still leaped off the ground. but i was bagged and bodied. it took a toll on me and my truck.now that im building my dually,i went new route. i bought accuair for it. 3/8 setup. but like i said certainly preference
guilty by design   +1y
were running 6 3/8'' SMCs on our dually.
unusualfabrication   +1y
Thanks guys, sounds like we are going Accuair on it now.
Page 1 of 1