threads
Page 1 of 1
Dually Suspension \  laying frame without spindles?

laying frame without spindles?

Dually Suspension Dually Tech
views 1825
replies 8
following 4

john-e bravada   +1y
I've read it's possible but I can't get it to work. I've Zed the frame 4" pie cut the uppers, I've even pie cut the lowers. I can't get the spindle center line high enough to layout on 22s. l clearanced the lip of the spring pocket where the lca hit it.I'm still 3"short. How are you guys doing it?
big bear   +1y
Cup your lower arms it will bring you down
john-e bravada   +1y
My lowers are up against my spring pockets. Cupping my lowers would help if my bag height was limiting mebut I haven't even set them in yet. Do I need spindles to lay frame?
john-e bravada   +1y
I'll get some shots tonight of what I'm fighting. Mybe that will spark some intrest/discussion.
john-e bravada   +1y
The only way I could get the LCA to stuff was to cut out 3/4 of the spring pocket... Ican't say I've seen this in anyone else's build threads. Here's what it looked like with a little grinding. It didn't stay that way for long. With pie cuts top and bottom I got it there. I should have cups and bags in tonight.
thread post photo
Post was last edited on Feb 28, 2013 02:02. This post has been edited 2 times.
58deluxerag   +1y
Pic doesn't work for me. red X

Anyone else havin' a problem?
90yota   +1y
Pic(s) not working for me either... I'm gonna be attempting to lay on 22s without spindles as well here real soon so I'm curious to see what you've got going on.
john-e bravada   +1y
I edited the link, I'm not sure what's going on the pics works for me. I did get it to layout. It took allot of cutting. I ended up cutting most of the spring pocket out stretching the lower 2.375" and the upper 3". You have to clearance the backside of the uppers and pie cut the ball joints(I did both uppers and lowers). Here are a couple shots

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo
Post was last edited on Feb 28, 2013 02:02. This post has been edited 2 times.
john-e bravada   +1y
Just checked out the thread without logging in and they are X's. I'll have to try and fix the pics tomorrow. I'm linking them from my photos but they must be too big.
Page 1 of 1