Page 1 of 1
Dually Suspension \  Anybody using 3800 bags up front

Anybody using 3800 bags up front

Dually Suspension Dually Tech
views 1326
replies 4
following 3

racker   +1y
Hey guys, getting ready to order some bags for my '74 Chevy CC. Running a 454 for engine and all the reading I have done says "PUT THE BIGGEST BAGS" you can for softer ride. Was just wondering if anybody has used 3800 bags up front and if so, what size of pocket did you use in the lower A-arm? Thanks in advance for any info received.
john-e bravada   +1y
I'm working on it. I have my arms modified and I'm moving on to upper bag mounts. I cupped the lowers with 10" pipe 2.5" deep and hacked my upper spring cups. I measure 3" from the bottom of the cup to the frame mount so I'll have to cut a little more to get my 3/8" upper plates in but I think I can make it work. Here's an in process underside shot of my LCAs.

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo
racker   +1y
Thanks for the info John-e. One more question. Did you end up splitting the A-arm in front of the pocket? If you could get a picture maybe from the top of the LCA might help also. Thank you again by the way.
mdub4life29   +1y
so isnt your front track width going to be too wide?? or are u running srw front hubs?
john-e bravada   +1y
SRW hubs. I modded the passenger side arm last night.... It's not pretty but it's done. I used two arms to make one. I layed out the ring in the same spot on both then shifted it back 2.5" on the arm I was going to keep the ball joint. I braced up the pivot shaft arm to keep the ears aligned and started cutting. Once done I had to carve and pievut the ball joint arm to get it to meet up. It will look allot nicer oner it's all welded up and plated. There's a shot of the upper bag mount as well.

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo
Page 1 of 1