Page 1 of 1
Dually Suspension \  brake booster question

brake booster question

Dually Suspension Dually Tech
views 1732
replies 8
following 7

comegetsome   +1y
has anyone on here removed there hydroboost setup on there dually and run a vacuum booster....this hydroboost on my truck is ugly and the 3 hoses running to it make it even uglier...i dont see a reason why my brakes wont still work good...on my old 03 sierra i went from vacuum to hydroboost for tire clearance but i dont think my tires will be close to rubbing...anybody?
lockone   +1y
I did on my old Black truck. We took the hydroboost off and installed a vacuum operated one underneath the dash of the truck to clean up the firewall.
someotherguy   +1y
Hydroboost gives a hell of a lot more boost effort to the brakes than vacuum ever can, that's why you see it on the heavier trucks. If you want to downgrade your brake system that's your biz. Just FYI

Richard
margaret   +1y
one question for brake booster:

having a brake problem that seems to be a defective power brake booster. If I am climbing a hill and suddenly hit the brakes, the pedal is hard and I have no power assist for an instant. As soon as the slowing engine builds some intake manifold vacuum, all is good.changed the check valve where the vacuum hose goes into the booster unit and that didn't help. I'm going to put a vacuum tester on the unit and check to see if it holds vacuum but in the meantime, I was curious as to whether this was a common problem with these vehicles.

anyone encountering this malfunction? A rebuilt one is about $150 locally.
sparkys-crewcab   +1y
i was thinking about doing the same thing.

my truck isn't going to need to stop on a dime towing a heavy load ever again. it would also cost less than having to replace all 3 leaky hoses ...
off to pullapart in the morning!.. ..
hangslo   +1y
True, but the upside to a hydroboost (for me) is that you can run any cam specs you want (read nasty and lumpy) without having to worry about vacuum ... any way, it should work just fine for you.

I am going to have to replace my hydroboost unit as it is leaking, but I am going to put in a newer unit with higher pressure step up.
pro53   +1y
Did you ever pull the hydro boost off and use a regular vacume operated booster? My Hyroboost is leaking its but off but works? Is there a rebuild kit?
What is the difference Orileys 150 with disk rear
Orileys 204 with drum
Can I use disk for mine even though it has drums?
comegetsome   +1y
I never did.....I ended up with a Cummins and kept the Hydro boost.....but iI have noticed several trucks with Vacuum booster and everybody says they still stop well
pro53   +1y

I like a clean simple engine area. If I took out the abs and the hydro boost that would clean up that area drastically. Just trying get facts on stuff before I do the deed. i could even buy a chrome booster You know anybody that has around 98 style chevy that has this done too?
Page 1 of 1