Page 1 of 1
Dually Suspension \  setting up a 4 link

setting up a 4 link

Dually Suspension Dually Tech
views 2577
replies 6
following 7

crabbelle   +1y
my problem is im ready to weld up my 4 link but im stumped. do i weld it up at ride hieght or when its going to be layed out? also my frontend is at ride hieght but about 4-5" higher than where it's going to be when its layed out, i still need to install the control arms and bags up front and i cant install them until i get the back set to where i can turn the truck around. so do i lower the front down to the ground or leave it at ride hieght and weld the bars?

thanks in advance
Bobby
krewzlo   +1y
I like to set up everything at ride height. In an ideal world bottom bars would be parallel to the ground and top bars parallel to bottom. Pinion angle should also be set at right height. Also make sure you are square to the frame and axle is centered between rails, don't go by the pig though, I always use a point at the outer edges of the axle and center those between the rails.

Measure several times, tack, then measure again
loweredd   +1y
Here is a great video I got today in the RideTech email. Very informative!!

silkywilson   +1y

thats a really good video..
bk2life   +1y
set it up at where you are going to be cruising at. most people cruise lower then what they think.

mine is set up for about 2 inches off the ground.

also big problem i always see make sure when your truck is layed out the wheel is centered in the wheel well!!!

i hate seeing trucks with the wheels too far forward or backwards..
loweredd   +1y
I need to replace this nightmare of a 2-link the previous owners made, and wanted to get a super beefy Suicide Doors parallel 4 link, but was worried about it being too hard to set up. After watching this video, I see it's not that horrible to do.
mazdanewbie   +1y
Where is this video I'd like to watch it I'm at this point now
Post was last edited on Sep 06, 2015 04:09. This post has been edited 1 times.
Page 1 of 1