threads
Page 1 of 2
Dually Suspension \  spring perches, u-bolts and plates...

spring perches, u-bolts and plates...

Dually Suspension Dually Tech
views 3332
replies 19
following 9

billy t.   +1y
Any good leads on where to source leaf spring perches and u-bolts?

The plates are easy enough to make...

Just gonna do the rear flip myself, no need to buy a kit.
pig rig   +1y
well I hope some one comes through with a good sorce for U bolts because I'M in the market for some also
billy t.   +1y
I used to see this stuff all the time when I had my Cherokee, just can't remember where it was... I'll check the jeep forums and get back here with any info...
jcampbell1180   +1y
Why can't you just use the stock u-bolts?
bdydrped   +1y
^not long enough

and has anybody thought of that fancy tool called "google"
jcampbell1180   +1y
Your not gonna put blocks on it are you? I've built my own flip many times and used the stock U-bolts. I don't get it.

As far as spring perches go, I used to get them from my local speed shop. Something like 20-25 bucks.
landscrapers   +1y
if your lookng for 4" U bolts for dually. i ended up going to a spring shop that mainly deals with Semis. told them the length and they made a set on the spot took about 10-15 minutes. go to pepboys and ask for 4" uolts and they look at you crosseyed.
billy t.   +1y

no blocks. Ought to be plenty low without blocks.

Stock u-bolts are squared off and run perpendicular to the spring (across it). To do the flip, you need to run the actual U shaped u-bolts so that they will go around the axle running parallel with the spring(beside it). Even if you could figure out a way to use the stock square u-bolts, by the time you take out the helper and the overload, the bolts will be too long and not threaded far enough. That said, if you ran a huge notch, you could just keep the helper and overload in there... bolts would be the right length, at least. You could make a plate that mounted on the stock perches and run the stock bolts under the spring but it wouldn't allow you to either set the pinion angle right or have the plate be flush on the perch. You could put shims in there though... hmmmmm...

I's suppose that the u-bolts between the squarebody and the OBS might be different. Maybe we can just use stock squarebody u-bolts to do this... I've never seen them, though, so who knows.
Post was last edited on Oct 06, 2006 05:10. This post has been edited 1 times.
billy t.   +1y

Just trying to get this place moving...

And yeah, found lots of perches, no u-bolts... But I was looking for experiences with these specific trucks. That is why the forum is here, right?
lester622   +1y
haha this is duallyscene the forums are here to see who can post the most and be number 1, or to change change each others post to somethin that makes the other one look gay ............
Post was last edited on Oct 06, 2006 06:10. This post has been edited 1 times.