threads
Page 1 of 2
Dually Suspension \  hydraulic cylinders .......

hydraulic cylinders .......

Dually Suspension Dually Tech
views 2564
replies 18
following 8

lester622   +1y
do any of u bastards know if i put hydraulic cylinders on the rear of my dually if i can tow wit them without them bending .............. they look pretty thick but idk if i tow with them, if the starting and stopping of a loaded trailer will bend them anybody used hydraulics ona adually to tow?
pig rig   +1y
you better get a kidny belt for that ride
lester622   +1y
i aint worried about the ride ima get some accumulators so itll soften the ride, im just worried about if ima bend one of the cylinders towin shit .........
maz89   +1y
i've used them on plenty of minis, but i wouldn't suggest towing on them for more than one reason.....
liljlowrider   +1y
i wouldnt think they would bend as long as you had them located in the right spot ... installed alot of them put never for towing but they are pretty dam strong...

my boss has a set of shorty's with accumulators(two pumps) and everything minus the batteries hes willing to sell for about 400 bucks... thats cheap
onefasthoagie   +1y
why would you want hydrolics when bags are so much better? hydrolics are so 1990's lol.
jcampbell1180   +1y
Odelay Vato!
bdydrped   +1y
not for positive as i have never touched a hydro setup.... but heres a possible theory?

instead of putting the cyls straight up and down you could angle them foward to push down onthe link bar... kinda liek a 2 link setup but witht he cyl onthe notches.

hell if i can find me that fancy cad program "sharpie" or "ms paint" ill draw ya up whats in my head and then you guys can tell me theres no way in hell itd work.
outlawcrewcab   +1y
they wont bend i have hoped some heavy rides with them and never bent one. just run a good cylinder and some power balls you will be good to go

thread post photo

and it keeps its pinion angle through the 40" of travle
lester622   +1y

well i bought the hydraulics a while bac about a yr ago i got the powerballs and every other thing for them i was goin to put them on my 1/2 ton but i figured instead of spendin 2k on airbags y not use wat i have .....

lilj does he have a street charger are no i already have the hydraulics i am gonna get a street charger so if hes got one tell me a price..........

bdydropd ya i didnt think about that, it would probably be better that way its pushin against the stronger part of the cylinder, i figured straight up and down from the trailer wieght pushin and pullin it would bend them but they are pretty heavyduty .......... but the way u talkin about mountin them on the notch id have to see a drawing are somethin

outlaw thats y i was kinda figurin they wouldnt bend cause ive seen em hop old impalas and they are not light weight.