Page 1 of 3
Dually Suspension \  Dually front 5" drop question

Dually front 5" drop question

Dually Suspension Dually Tech
views 4471
replies 28
following 9

fuelrags   +1y
Hey guys, Someone at GMfullsize.com told me that I could only run 17" wheels with a 3"inch drop spindle/2"inch drop coil due to clearance issues, is this true? I called DJMs tech line and they said running the stock 16"steel wheels(which I have)wouldn't be a problem....what do you guys think????
bdydrped   +1y
you can run the stcok wheels you are just gonna have to trim a lil on the control arm, or it will bind up when y ou turn. if i remem right its about 4 inches out of the lip from the ball joint inward, same as guys throwin the same drop on a 1/2 and running the stock 15s but withthe 16 you got a 1/2" more clearance to play with, so you might not have to trim that much out.
dragnasty   +1y
I didnt have to trim anything on my 99 CrewCab. I think that is only with the 1/2 tons.
jcampbell1180   +1y
Fuel, Fuel, Fuel...

When are you gonna learn? WE are your only friends now. GMFullsize is just as bad as streetsource: just a bunch of punk ass kids who read Truckin' and Mini Truckin' magazine and think they know it all.

You can run a 16" wheel NO PROLBLEM. Trust us, we know.

Hell, back in the day, thats all anyone ever ran. We all had the obligitory Bell Tech 5/7 drop with the 16" Alcoas.

Nevermind those damn kids.

Little punk ass bastards...
pig rig   +1y
yea I know I had more then that in mine and the only problem that I had was tire rub on the inerfender wells
fuelrags   +1y
.....YOU GUYS ROCK!!!! I haven't got around to get wheels yet so I painted my steelys pewter to match my truck with the chrome caps and rings...looks aaaite for now.....I am erasing all other chevy truck sites off my favorites list except this one....
pig rig   +1y
hay snot rag you might have to take a little abuse here but at least you'll get the answer to your question and if you run in to a problem some one here has already had it and overcame it as long as your not trying to do something really out there like covert your chevy to a nash rambiler your in good hands here
both of my projects are going smoothly because of what info I have found here
fuelrags   +1y
Well....I just got my 5/7 kit delivered from A.I.M.....everything looks correct!....I think....
jcampbell1180   +1y

What she said
V V V V V V V V
pig rig   +1y
your a liar