threads
Page 1 of 3
Dually Suspension \  What do I need to get?

What do I need to get?

Dually Suspension Dually Tech
views 4056
replies 21
following 8

illegal regalã¢â€žâ¢   +1y
Ok seen a buddies bagged dually and now I MUST do mine I wanna be able to take the weight of towing anything the truck can pull so keep that in mind. Bear with me please

I've got hundreds of questions..
But maybe it's just easier if someone steers me to the right place to talk to about everything I could possibly need for front and rear. I need a parts breakdown and who to buy key pieces from. I have some valves and I'll see what the part# is or snap a pic of them so ya'll can tell me if they're usable

Orrrrr who's 4,3,2 link?
what bags?
who's notch and bridge?
who's cups?
what size tank?
what size and how many compressors?
pig rig   +1y
I' m in the same boat
the engine and trany will be out this week end and it will be a bear frame time to hack
lockone   +1y
I have it all or you can get it from SD.com or Exploited. Where ever you want to spend your money. I will give you a list and everyone else can add to it as needed.

Front: Spindles 229/set, Cups 70/set, Bags 2600 (Contitech 2-ply 70, 4-ply 100; Firestone 70; Slam Specialties RE 75, HE 109, XS 149)
Rear: 4-link 289 up to 450; Notch 69 to 79 (round,square,or triangle); Rear bags same as above prices; Bridge depends on what you want basicover axle starts at 159; 5 gal tank 59, 8 gal 65, 12 gal 75; Compressor EDC is the way to go around 600 depending on your motor, Viair 450 189, Air Zenith 299; Air line 1/2" 50ft 30; Fittings around 150-175; Switchbox 29

Thats most of the important stuff and some pricing shipping is not included. You can also add and subtract stuff valves, gauges, psi switches, and other useless stuff.

Hope this helps both of you.
L8R
bdydrped   +1y
locks got it all pretty much covered.....

depending on how much weight you are wanting to be able to tow as to where you want to put the bags...either on the link bars(more lift, better ride) over the axel(better weight handling,less lift) or behind the axel(best towing,but hardly no lift)
I'm gonna tow about 5,000lbs with a hitch but if needed to pull more I would like to be able to.

I'm just confused and you guys have done the trial and error crap so you tell me what I need if it were you.

The edc, I've found them from onboardair alot cheaper than ART, but nobody makes an easy bolt on bracket for a 6.5 diesel.

What about inner fender mods with a 225/75/16 steer and 235/85/16 rears?
bdydrped   +1y
i would go over the axel with some 2800# bags and be able to tow whatever.... and still get decent lift

fenderwise ....the rear you shouldnt have to do anything major(might have to trim the bedside lip with that wide of a tire) the front just tirm out enough rigt above the wheel to let it lay but you can keep the majority of the inner fender.

and ill be honest i dont know shit bout EDC ive always ran nitrogen and just had a backup comp and tank(but im not extremely switch happy, can make a nitrobottle last 2-3 months,drivng everyday)

edit* i used to tow with my 1/2 ton xcab with 2800# bags on the link bars and i want to say the trailer was 2500#s and i pulled my green truck with it(thats a heavy bitch) and i let my friend use it to go to wyoming ang tow his lil bro's truck back and all his shit from school.... never had a bit of trouble out of that truck(its beenbagged for 10 years now same bags/valves and now that friend owns it.. and its been a daily driverever since i owned it)
Where do ya put everything, do ya hide it under or just let it hang out in the bed?

And 1 12gallon tank is all that's needed?
guilty by design   +1y
Dont forget to gusset everything to help handle the weight... and why not get some pretty looking gussets from me
How purty we talkin?
low95xlt   +1y
purty purty