threads
Page 1 of 1
Dually Suspension \  major problem here!!!

major problem here!!!

Dually Suspension Dually Tech
views 1169
replies 7
following 4

onefasthoagie   +1y
ok so the F***ers at belltech deside to throw in a left front spindel from a 89 and up (so i think) with my correct right side spindel for an 88, so insted of sending it back and waiting another 4 damn months i think i am gonna try getting a top ball joint for a 89 and see if i can just change the left side. i know it's kinda ghetto, but my question is, are the 88 and 89 upper control arms the same???
pig rig   +1y
get on the phone and raise hell tell them to over night a new one or you want your money back that and tell them you'll be more then happy to wright how you got screwed on every web site you find and tell any one that will listen just be a dick
onefasthoagie   +1y

no, i just want it fixed!!! that is all.
lowboy   +1y
I'VE GOT SPINDLES OFF OF A 98 ON MY 88. I HAD TO CHANGE THE UPPER BALL JOINTS TO A DIFFERENT YEAR. ENDED UP SITTING AT THE PARTS STORE AND HAD THE GUY PULL EVERY UPPER BALL JOINT LISTED, AND FINALLY ONE HAD LARGER SHAFT. THATS MY STORY.

I BELIEVE THEY ARE THE SAME. MOST OF THE DUALLYS I'VE HAD OR SEEN, HAVE THE "TUBULAR" UPPERS.

THE QUESTION IS, IT THE CORRECT 88 SPINDLE FOR THE NEW BODY STYLE, AND THE 89 FOR THE OLD BOX BODY STYLE? OR IS IT THE OTHER WAY AROUND?
onefasthoagie   +1y

ok, this is what i can see....the driver side is the one in question...it's bolted to the lower ball joint and tie rod end. the upper (88 ball joint) is too small of taper..the pass side is complete and fine. the hub fits on the driverside as well (test fitted) so i'm guessing that the spindel is def new body style. i measured the taper with a caliper and will be armed with it at the parts store lol. i'm just hoping (and feeling better about it, after you told me you have 98 spindels on an 88, whewwww) that the control arms are the same from 88 to 89+
lowboy   +1y
THERE YA GO. THERE SEEMED TO BE ONE TON BALL JOINTS FOR THE TUBULAR ARMS AND FOR THE STAMPED STEEL ARMS. THATS WHERE MY PROBLEM CAME INTO PLAY ALSO. THE TAPER OF THE OF SHAFT ON THE BALL JOINT.
GOOD LUCK
onefasthoagie   +1y

thanks man! it worked....now it's sitting on bumpstops and fenders as well...guess i am gonna have to roll fenders and remove wheel wells?
aa taco chris   +1y

umm definitely ditch the bumpstops but if you run a 16" low pro tire you can run your wheel wells, but if you plan on going with a big rim plan on removing them and doing some cutting... haha
Page 1 of 1