threads
Page 1 of 1
Dually Suspension \  2000 C3500 DJM Flip - driveline vibration - anyone?

2000 C3500 DJM Flip - driveline vibration - anyone?

Dually Suspension Dually Tech
views 1254
replies 4
following 4

grafix   +1y
Has anyone had issues with driveline vibration using DJM rear flip and their carrier bearing spacers? I have a 2000 C3500 and with or without the spacers am getting a noticeable driveline vibration on deceleration. Anyone had this issue? What was done to solve it?
lockone   +1y
Have not had that problem with the DJM stuff. I have had this problem on some rebuilders I have done with all factory parts on them. Ended up replacing the driveshafts and they worked fine after that. Chevy has told me that there is a weight that works itself loose inside the shaft and causes this problem. Bought a new shaft from GM for 250. Hope that helps. L8R
illegal regalã¢â€žâ¢   +1y
You may need more shim... you've gotta check the driveshaft angle and see what you have with and without the shim to finger out where you need to go. You can do it just with or without but doing it both ways will get a better idea where to go.

Try loading it down some and see if it worsens or gets better. Also you say it only does it on deceleration.. none at all from acceleration?
grafix   +1y
Deceleration only. Never hear a peep on acceleration. No feel of vibration either, just the sound of driveline vibration at 50MPH and higher on decel. The faster, the more noticeable
brock4x   +1y
I had the same problem with mine and I ended up dropping the swing bearing all the way down with the supplied DJM bracket and it fixed the vibration.

Brock
Page 1 of 1