threads
Page 1 of 2
Dually Suspension \  88 / 89 front suspension differences...

88 / 89 front suspension differences...

Dually Suspension Dually Tech
views 2265
replies 12
following 7

onefasthoagie   +1y
ok 88 dually, c3500 chevy, ext cab (first year new style) evidently there was some kind of front suspension change that would require beltech to list drop spindels for a 88 and then a 89 (on up). anyone know what the difference is???
lockone   +1y
Don't know about that one ....will have to look at my books
onefasthoagie   +1y

are you stalking me? haha anyhow i think it might have something to do with ball joints? i don't know for sure. i ordered some drop lower control arms from AIM indestries (everyone cringes when i say there name for some reason, let me tell you, i don't wanna go through that again), and they totally didn't fit! they didn't lineup where they mount to the frame and they didn't lineup with the spindels where they meet the ball joints (different taper on the ball joints)
outsiderz1   +1y
AIM...hahahaha, yea i made that mistake back in 97, never went back...lol
lockone   +1y
AIM....I made that mistake once also....Then I started making my own arms...Lower ball joints are larger in diameter is the difference...L8R
onefasthoagie   +1y

so that means that they didn't mount correctly to the frame because they where garbage, and different ball joints lol... on more positive note, i got almost all of my money back in exchange for a hood and a grill, they seem to have worked out pretty good.
1fastlx   +1y
AIM has good SH*T or not
pig rig   +1y
I had problems with AIM BUT it was for my toyota (quality child labor is hard to come by)
bdydrped   +1y
AIM= DOOOOODOOOOOOO

might also have to do with the calipers and the rotor thickness, i know thats the case on 1/2tons some are 1" and others are 1 1/4" if i remem right... GM didnt know what they were doin the first year they changed the bodystyle. LOL
onefasthoagie   +1y

oh and i bought one, great!!! lol