Page 1 of 1
Dually Suspension \  Show me.

Show me.

Dually Suspension Dually Tech
views 1343
replies 5
following 2

jcampbell1180   +1y
Anybody have any pics of a o,obs(73-87) dually with static drops? Im really looking to see a 5/7 or bigger.
jp87crewcabdually   +1y
I would like to see some more pics of static drops too. The only kits I've seen is the 3"/4" kits. I haven't seen any flip kits for the old body style either. and even if you did a flip you would be notching for sure.
jcampbell1180   +1y
Thats a negative on automatically having to notch for a flip. I have a buddy who looked at an 88 thats flipped and no notch. We drove it hard over some jacked up roads ( Fontana, CA ) and rail road tracks, but no sign of the rear hitting the frame. I have found the same thing though. I know the 5/7's are out there, I just haven't found anything bigger than a 3/4. Do I need to buy a 3/4 then buy the springs and hangers seperate? Anyway, some pics would be great.
jp87crewcabdually   +1y
Was the 88 a Crew cab? Old square body style? From looking at mine I didn't think it would have the clearance.
jcampbell1180   +1y
Yeah man, crew cab 73-87 style square body, no helper bags. It just had a flip on it and it still had about 4-5 inches left. Now if you run shackles or hangers with it, thats a whole 'nother ball of wax. We flogged it pretty hard, but I didn't hear any banging. I've been told that you really only need 3 inches of clear travel on a street driven vehicle. I don't nessisarily know if thats the case in real life, but it worked for that dually. Like I said, I'm no expert, but thats what I saw. I'll look again today.
jp87crewcabdually   +1y
IF THATS THE CASE, YOU COULD DO A FIP IN THE REAR FOR ABOUT 7" AND 3" SPINDLES AND 2" SPRINGS IN THE FRONT AND IT SHOULD SIT PRETTY NICE!
Page 1 of 1