Page 1 of 1
Dually Suspension \  Dropping and old style chevy

Dropping and old style chevy

Dually Suspension Dually Tech
views 1709
replies 7
following 4

jcampbell1180   +1y
I have an 87 Chevy, obviously its a dually. My question is, can I get it to lay out on 16 inch Alcoas without cutting up my bed floor? Anybody out there have any personal knowledge about this. Tire sizes, etc. I'm NOT interested in cutting up my bed floor or installing a cover over my junk. I'm leaning more to a static drop, but would consider bagging it if I can set it up the way I want it. Thanks.
dragnasty   +1y
You can get it pretty low static but you would have to run a smaller tire. A 225/70/16 works well. Not real tall but not real short.
outlawcrewcab   +1y
Well you can always bag it and just put a small under the bed notch. still be bagged and not cut up bed. That way you can go over large humps and big dips

And welcome to the site
jcampbell1180   +1y
Thanks. I'm perfectly happy with a 5/7 or 5/8 static drop. I just don't want to be the guy with a bagged truck that doesn't lay. Whats the point? I just thought, if I could get it to lay, without cutting the crap out of it, I'd consider bagging it. Anyone have any suggestions on tire size? 16 inch Alcoas.
jcampbell1180   +1y
"A 225/70/16 works well. Not real tall but not real short."

I guess if I was paying attention, I would have seen that. Thanks, I'll check 'em out.
jcampbell1180   +1y
Ah, my first post.

The memories.

And look, even back then, Drag had love for JCam.
low95xlt   +1y
and then we all realized that might be a bad thing cuz we aren't cool enuf to have a pimped taurus wich pulls all the Chics Just playin campy
Page 1 of 1