Page 1 of 4
Dually Suspension \  rear tires hitting fenders

rear tires hitting fenders

Dually Suspension Dually Tech
views 7269
replies 38
following 10

krewzlo   +1y
I am putting a bigger notch on my 2000 chevy dually old body style. It is a crew cab with a 454. It has a art bolt on 4 link also. My problem is when I had just a belltech notch and kmc slam 16" wheels with 215/70/16 rubber they wouldn't clear the dually fenders. I had to cut off the lip just to get it to air out then. Now going lower there is no way they will fit. I need at least a 1.5" on each side to clear. wtf? Does anyone else have this problem? I can't narrow the axle because the four link wont fit. Please help
dragnasty   +1y
Ive heard of issues where the tire would rub the fenders when its aired out because of the roll at the top of the fenders but 1.5" is alot....especially since you are running a 215 tread width tire......
tdp   +1y
I had the same problem. But it was only about 1/4" from clearing. I just took the supports under the bed that keep the sides from flexing and added about 1 inch to each one. It flared the bed side enough to clear. But not enough to tell by looking at it.
maz89   +1y
I've got the same damn problem! wtf?
krewzlo   +1y
I have come to the conclusion that I might as well make my fenders fit 22's on a 3" bd so when I get some I don't have to redo anything. I think we have a wider axle than some others but I can't figure out how. I have art bolt on 4 link and with a narrower axle the 4 link wouldn't fit. Mine barely fits between the brake drum and the frame. It doesn't seem like that kit would only fit the wider axle trucks. I know there is an option code that deals with the axle width, one of them is a gt4 code which I think is the one I have. Sometimes it seems like it would just be easier to make it a fleetside truck and have alot more variety in wheels and sizes without having to mortgage the house to buy big wheels for it.
maz89   +1y
no shit, I have my truck completely torn down ready to cut, just haven't had the time to really get into it lately, but I don't want to get halfway through the body drop only to find out I've got to swap rear ends or refab the rear fenders, so I'm tryin to get a straight up answer about the problem!??
liljlowrider   +1y
try runnin a 225 60/16???? by my cal. it 1.3 inches smaller in diameter... than what your running and i have been runnin those of my truck for over two years.. dont know if thats the help your looking for?????
maz89   +1y
Well, the problem is the width, not the height.... but for whatever reason on mine and krewlo's the outside of the wheel and tire and the inside of the rear fenders are literally a "tight squeeze"..... not even a 1/4" between the two..... and that's just layin frame, with the body coming down another 3 or more inches somethings gotta give..... it's just enough of a problem to piss ya off and wanna set things on fire.....
pig rig   +1y
a smart ass reply!!
just cut that mother f%^ker up! And fix it to your standers
maz89   +1y
and thats a smartass reply how?