Page 1 of 1
Mazda Projects \  EFI fuel sending units and tanks

EFI fuel sending units and tanks

Mazda Projects
views 480
replies 2
following 1

ninjarider   +1y
Does anyone know if the tanks for the b2600i has internal baffles for helping prevent fuel sloshing and starvation issues? In addition to that why are the efi sending units so freaking high $ compared to the carb unit? visually there isn't much difference. The extra brace for the fuel pump shouldn't cost nearly $200 more. I'm planning to convert to efi and trying to decide on the best solution and ROI. From my research I could install an inline pump, but they're noisier and run hotter thereby reducing lifespan. I'm also concerned about the stock carb pickup tube size being to small causing a premature failure or pressure problem. The in-tank pump setup is more preferred to reduce pump noise, run cooler, and solve pickup (suction) issues.
Also for clarification, don't these trucks have a return line setup as OEM even on the carb'd versions?
sincitylocal   +1y
All of the EFI trucks have a bucket in the tank, that the pump sits in. Not sure if the aftermarket tanks have them.
You can modify the carbureted sending unit to hold the EFI pump, but you might also need to step up the tubing size. I believe emjay did something like this at mazdatrucking.
Page 1 of 1