Mazda 2.2L \  Distributor and MSD 6A questions

Distributor and MSD 6A questions

Mazda 2.2L Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 1194
replies 2
following 1

tallcan   +1y
89 B2200, carbed, manual fuel pump

My first question is, what is the name of this part? It is the black wire that connects to the negative side of the coil, the other end is a small black square that screws into the side of the dizzy. This part smoked out and needs to be replaced but I'm having trouble finding this part, or even finding what it's called.

My second question is regarding installation of a MSD 6A ignition. I have the install instructions from MSD, but I'm unsure of that stock wires from the coil need to be connected. Do I just attach all positive coil wires together and then all negative wires from the original coil? A picture would be very helpful. I found a post on this about a year ago but I'm having trouble finding that post.
Cusser   +1y
I believe that's a noise suppressor, look at this page https://www.jimellismazdaparts.com/showAssembly.aspx?ukey_product=1813760&ukey_assembly=313649&ukey_make=995&ukey_model=14351&ukey_driveline=0&ukey_trimlevel=0&modelYear=0

I bought a universal condenser from a shop that sold parts for old VWs and used that on my B2200. Did that make a difference - don't know. And I'm not sure I've pulled a decent one from a "yard" B-truck, can't remember. Oftentimes the wire breaks off as these get old/hot.
Page 1 of 1