threads
Page 1 of 1
Mazda Projects \  Thread Size G6 Tappet Cover & Rocker Shaft Mount Bolts.

Thread Size G6 Tappet Cover & Rocker Shaft Mount Bolts.

Mazda Projects
views 909
replies 2
following 1

Courier   +1y
Picked up a Ford Courier for next to nix. Nice steel/timber tray that I oiled when I got it home, the recycled engine oil/diesel mix certainly put the strength back in that timber deck.

Got all the hype and lies during the sale. "We looked after it", "Serviced it Regularly", "Had the engine rebuilt by a mechanic", yadda yadda.

Milky brake/clutch fluid, loose front wheel bearings, leaking clutch slave cylinder, black engine oil, missing bush on the stabilizer bar, seized Hydraulic Lift Adjusters (HLA).........

With the money I saved I now have a registered commuter and weekend workhorse.

The problem now is when I pulled the tappet cover and rocker shafts off on Sunday, one tappet cover bolt would not come out unless assisted, stripped thread, same with the rocker shaft mount, 1 was stripped.

I need the Thread size of the 2 bolts (Tappet Cover & Rocker Shaft Mount) so I can order thread inserts to repair the 2 threads before fitting the new HLA's arrive.

Cheers.
mazdatweaker_2   +1y
It seems that you could take a couple of the good bolts that came out of the cover and rocker shaft and go to NAPA or wherever you plan on getting your thread inserts and match them to nuts, which would give you your diameter and thread pitch.
Page 1 of 1