Page 1 of 1
Mazda 2.6L \  B2600 tach modification for V6

B2600 tach modification for V6

Mazda 2.6L Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 985
replies 4
following 1

geterdun   +1y
I don't seem to find a way to search for it. I have read a post of how to alter the tach in a B2600 to read correctly with a V6 on this site.
Does anyone know the location of it? I am approach that point.
mazdatweaker_2   +1y
I don't recall ever seeing any threads about converting a 4 cylinder tach signal to a 6 cylinder setup. Not saying it doesn't exist, but it seems what the tach does is count number of pulses and then converts it to RPM. So 4 pulses in a 4 cylinder equals 1 RPM, and in a 6 cylinder, 6 pulses you would have 1 RPM. That sounds simple, but a tach signal for a 4 cylinder would still be reading 4 pulses even though it was now receiving 6 pulses from the 6 cylinder engine, a 50% increase, which would likely send the RPM display high.

Maybe an aftermarket tach would be the way to go, because they normally come with a switch to select between 4-6-8 cylinders.
sincitylocal   +1y
I don't know if I ever posted it on this site. Here ya' go.
http://www.mazdatrucking.com/forum/showthread.php/10560-V8(or-V6)-Tachometer-Mod
mazdatweaker_2   +1y
Thanks fr posting your write up. And for proving my point. The tach module for a 4 cylinder won't work for a 6 cylinder engine.
Page 1 of 1