Page 1 of 1
Mazda Projects \  efi conversion

efi conversion

Mazda Projects
views 1146
replies 4
following 1

Tensor77   +1y
im pulling f2 Carb engine and installing f2 i4 efi im wondering, the f2 efi came with a automatic tranny can i just bolt up the standard tranny thats already in my truck or will i have any issues with the wiring
Cusser   +1y
Obviously you'll need to bolt on your flywheel and clutch. You'll also need the donor truck EFI computer. I think you'll be able to remove a block-off on the EFI cylinder head and use your mechanical fuel pump from your 5-speed.

Automatics had a 2-row radiator, you may want to grab that too, wouldn't hurt (I have such 2-row installed in my '88 5-speed B2200).

I haven't done such conversion, there's likely more that's involved.
mazdatweaker_2   +1y
You should be able to reuse your manual transmission, but you will have to use a fuel pump that puts out 45 psi. The mechanical pump puts out only about 5 psi. You might have to run 5/16" fuel line to handle the necessary volume and reinforced rubber hoses to handle the increased pressure. If you can find a B2600i the fuel pump will install inside of the gas tank.
mazdatweaker_2   +1y
You are also going to need to use the EFI wiring harness with all of the sensors that attach to it.
Page 1 of 1