threads
Page 1 of 1
Mazda 2.2L \  sleeve the engine cylinder block?

sleeve the engine cylinder block?

Mazda 2.2L Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 527
replies 4
following 1

shape-ups   +1y
Hello!
Mazda 90 B2200 2.2 engine I have the original engine that came installed in the truck. It has been through two rebuilds. First was .20 oversize and the next was .40 oversize.
I’m told that .40 as big as it gets? My question is, can the block be sleeved? Has anyone had success with machined sleeves.
Probable should let her just rest in peace! However engines are getting harder to come by! And I have always kept another drop in ready to go!
And I’m finding it harder for local machine shops that are interested in this?
Engine swap? Is another possibility, but with what? I have fallowed the engine swap group for a while now. Seen some great engineering! However the man hours, labor? Has to be astounding! So is there a consensus on what works best?
Cusser   +1y
Maybe just get new 0.040 oversize pistons and rings, and use hone to break cylinder glaze ?

How many miles on that engine anyway? When I rebuilt my B2200 at 183K in 2011, I just used new standard size pistons and rings.
Post was last edited on Oct 08, 2016 02:10. This post has been edited 1 times.
shape-ups   +1y
thanks
Long time ago!
Somewhere around 260.000 in the first overhaul and I got another 300.000 out of it again! Between engines I have been trying to get at least 250.000 out of each! I have 980.762.234 miles on this truck!
Which isn’t a lot of miles considering that I plan to keep her forever. I’m retired now and don’t have to drive as far, when I was working?
Running my donor engine now! And she runs great. Just feel the need to be prepared! And I just love my little truck.
Cusser   +1y
980K !!! Congratulations, you may be the world-wide winner !!!
Page 1 of 1