threads
Page 1 of 1
Mazda 2.2L \  Mazdab 2.2, need some advice!

Mazdab 2.2, need some advice!

Mazda 2.2L Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 513
replies 3
following 1

natek235   +1y
Hi all, I have a 90's b22, now I've owned this approximately a year now as a work ute. The previous owner never took care of it, since it's been in my hands iv had problem after problem. I have replaced the cambelt, done extensive rust repairs and the usual servicing, oil change, plugs etc. But the last couple months she's been running like a bag of smashed assholes, when cold she idles rough as guts and smokes like a train, once warm idles too high, when you first take off for the first 20minutes of driving it almost feels like its "missing", I don't know if this is a fuel issue, perhaps the carb? Or something else. Iv checked the cap and it appears to look okay, the leads appear the same and the plugs were replaced not long ago. Could it be the fuel-air? I thought it could possibly be the friction plate, but that wouldn't explain why it doesn't do it once warm.. I have no clue, please any advice on what to do next would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Nate
mazdatweaker_2   +1y
From your symptoms, it sounds like maybe the ignition module has gotten flaky. You might try cleaning where it mounts inside the distributor. when it gets hot it may be making better contact inside of the distributor.
natek235   +1y
Thank for your comment, I'll give a go an see how she goes. Cheers
Page 1 of 1