Page 1 of 1
Mazda 2.2L \  1988 Mazda b2200

1988 Mazda b2200

Mazda 2.2L Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 507
replies 4
following 1

B   +1y
Not starting back up after ran for a while. I have replaced the spark plugs and wire set. I also replaced the battery and terminals and had my alternator tested. This is my first b2200 and I really like it but I am tired of getting stranded on my way to work. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Cusser   +1y
Does "Not starting back up after ran for a while" mean that the engine spins with the starter and doesn't run? If so, check the ignition switch electrical part; these tend to go bad over time on these trucks.

If the starter won't spin, then check battery under load, clean connections, check starter too.

Does
B   +1y
Ok thanks.I am going to check the ignition switch and starter next. I just changed out the battery yesterday and I'm not sure if the engine is spins with the starter. I'll have to have my mechanic friend help me out. lol
Cusser   +1y
Good - your mechanic friend should be well-experienced in troubleshooting a "fail to spin engine" condition. And to then troubleshoot whether fuel or spark related if it spins the engine and doesn't start. There could be a lot to learn from him.
Page 1 of 1