threads
Page 1 of 1
Mazda Projects \  1986 b2000 v8 small block swap (chevy)

1986 b2000 v8 small block swap (chevy)

Mazda Projects
views 3078
replies 3
following 2

MazLuver   +1y
Hey everyone! I am embarking on an engine swap in my b2000 and am looking for some direction. The engine I have is a small block v8 out of a chevy caprice. I guess all i need help with are pointers on where I can find motor mounts, bell house conversion, etc. If someone has done this before and has a list of all the things they needed in order to finish the project I would be eternally grateful. I hope you guys are able to help me out, any information is appreciated. -Cody
sincitylocal   +1y
You're going to have to build some engine mounts. I did a small block swap a few years ago.
http://www.mazdatrucking.com/forum/showthread.php/4043-Che-Zoom!
What is a bell housing conversion, and why do you need it?
JMerrell   +1y
I am currently I am currently in the process of doing the same thing. I have an 87 B2200 that I have a sbc in. I will be honest with you I would be easier to put a ford 5.0 in it. With the 5.0 you can use stock mustang parts. With mine it will be solely a drag truck. So I have cut the fender wells out of it. I looked into using the s-10 swap mounts and some people said that they have used them. On mine I cut the stock frame mounts out and went with a trans dapt universal motor mount cross member. It had to be cut and “shaped” to be able to work but I have my motor in. No just have to put the transmission in. You said “bell housing conversion” scratch that idea. Just put a Chevrolet tranny in it. Like a th 350 or 400. I have a th350 going in mine. Only needs a slight modification on the Trans cross member.
Page 1 of 1