Page 1 of 1
Dually Wheels Tires \  Question about dually wheels for offroading

Question about dually wheels for offroading

Dually Wheels Tires Dually Tech
views 835
replies 2
following 2

HUMVEE Driver   +1y
Hello, DuallyScene! I am building a replica vehicle called the Lone Wolf from the movie Mad Max 2/The Road Warrior. It's going to be used at Wasteland Weekend (goggle it) and a lot of dirt/off road driving. I have a question or two about the dually wheels.

This vehicle has dually wheels with pretty big tires. The tires are touching, and I've heard that's a bad thing - for ordinary driving (the tires touch and rub, over time this causes friction and they'll fail).

However, I also heard that if you have little weight in the back (like I will) and you're not driving far (I won't be) that this won't be a problem. Also, with no gap between the tires, there is no chance of a rock or something getting wedged in there and damaging the tires.

So, has anyone used duallys when off-roading or have any experience with this and they'd like to weigh in?

Thanks,
HUMVEE Driver
Post was last edited on Apr 05, 2016 06:04. This post has been edited 2 times.
ruffrida2005   +1y
You wouldn't want the tires to be touching. Even with little weight the friction would cause it to get hot and wear quick. Also a rock could still get wedged in between and blow tires out. I would add a spacer between the 2 to get some separation.
Page 1 of 1