Page 1 of 1
Mazda 2.2L \  weber conversion

weber conversion

Mazda 2.2L Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 914
replies 1
following 1

2204lw   +1y
HI, After trying unsuccessfully to get my 1989 B2200 to run right after a rebuild I ordered a weber from "Weber Direct". The instructions really are crap. I installed it and it ran pretty good (instructions say don't do any adjustments until you try it). The second time I started it the idle was a little high, I noticed the slack in the throttle cable had disappeared readjusted that and turned the idle down. In the trouble shooting of the installation guide under idles to slow it says " Check that the idle cut-off solenoid is working listen for clicking when turning ignition off and on" As far as I can tell there is no idle cut-off solenoid on this carb.
The instructions also say for installation "Remove the Fuel Return hose and plug it" This didn't seem right to me and I didn't do that. runs fine. I live in Vancouver Washington, If anyone who lives in Washington or Oregon that has done this conversion would email me I would love to find out if I have done this right. Thanks Lauren
Cusser   +1y
I've posted about my Weber 32/36 DGEV installation tips (for my 1988 B2200) over on MazdaTrucking.com. I did mine a decade ago, still runs fine; I've got AC and aftermarket cruise control working too.

Absolutely make sure that the adapter plates are perfectly flat, and use Permatex Aviation sealant on the gaskets for those, not RTV (RTV is not resistant to gasoline). Advise seeing those tips, and there are threads about what can be removed. On that site you can PM with your E-mail address and I could send photos.
Page 1 of 1