Page 1 of 1
Mazda Projects \  B2600 340HP 5.0L For Sale

B2600 340HP 5.0L For Sale

Mazda Projects
views 1955
replies 1
following 3

bmzero   +1y
This truck has been a passion of mine for many years. Unfortunately, I no longer have the time I would like to keep building it. Rather than it sit here and not get used, I have decided to let someone else continue enjoying it.

It started life as a 4WD 1991 Mazda B2600i. I bought it with the original engine in it, rebuilt it, and drove it for a little while like that and fell in love the the truck. Then, I decided to go all out. I bought a Ford 5.0L engine, rebuilt it with all high-end components (Lunati hydraulic roller rocker cam, new pistons, GT40P heads, big throttle body, intake, etc for a Mustang Cobra). Performance Specialties in Fultondale did the engine build and dyno work. It made 340 HP at the crank on their engine dyno and the torque curve shows the power hitting very low in the RPM range, making it a perfect street build. The engine is EFI and tuned by Speed South in Pelham, AL. The new powertrain has a little less than 1500 miles on it. That number will change as I drive the truck.

It has a great lope to it at idle. It definitely turns heads every where I go. People

When I went to the 5.0L, I converted it to 2WD to make room for the taller engine.

It has a rebuilt T5 5-speed manual transmission from a Mustang GT with a new clutch and weighted flex plate at time of install.

It has a custom dual exhaust with dual Flowmaster mufflers. Cold air intake. Optima Yellow Top battery. Dual pass aluminum radiator with dual electric fans.

On the interior, I installed all new carpet from APC, black leather, power seats from a Mazda RX8, Alpine head unit, Memphis Audio components, and a Memphis Audio amplifier.

The bed was sprayed with Line-X in Pelham, AL.

It has 18" KMC Rockstar wheels wrapped in Nitto Terra Grappler tires.

It has a custom built rear bumper and receiver hitch.

Here's what the truck needs:
-Parking brake cleaned up (slightly functional, but not in optimal position)
-Interior door panels recovered
-A/C components installed (I have them and the parts will go with it, but I have not gotten around to putting them on the truck)

The truck runs and drives well. It was tuned in open loop due to the exhaust not being finished at the time. I have not retuned it since the exhaust has been finished. There is definitely more power to be had in the tune.

This truck has been like a member of the family for 8 years. I hate to see it go, but it's time for me to focus my time on my business, kids, etc.

Here is a video of the truck running and a brief walk around - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNQHGh3MloM

The price is $9500. I have over twice that in the truck as it sits. Please email me at brit.mansell@octanemedia.com with any questions.
Post was last edited on Mar 28, 2016 04:03. This post has been edited 7 times.
bmzero   +1y
Adding some photos.
post photo
post photo
post photo
bmzero   +1y
more photos
post photo
post photo
post photo
bmzero   +1y
more photos