Page 1 of 1
Mazda 2.2L \  b2200 sucking gas

b2200 sucking gas

Mazda 2.2L Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 785
replies 4
following 1

zrmiller   +1y
so I've finally got my b2200 up and running its a 2-2 rebuilt it installed weber 32/36 and header. runs great in town but once you get it on the highway you really have to push it to keep up in the 55 to 65 range. I'm running timing a 6 degrees BTDC the carb is jetted 52 primary and 50 secondary idle circuit and i believe the mains are 140. it was getting 14.25 mpg on highway. my old one use to get close to 30 completely stock. i should be getting atleast 25. I'm thinking i have the idle circuit too lean causing me to have to stay on it which is dumping fuel. but it docent seem to be rich and the plugs aren't sooty. what do you guys think? and should i be running a FPR? any help would be appreciated
Cusser   +1y
I also have a B2200 (1988, 21.5 years now) with Weber 32/36 DGEV (10 years), and mine runs real nice. If yous is 5-speed, then has a mechanical fuel pump and you do not need a fuel pressure regulator, will just waste your money (that FPR would be needed with automatic with electric fuel pump).

For your issue, sounds like fuel starvation; I'd definitely try a new fuel filter and you also could have fuel tank blockage at the filter sock inside. And make sure that your distributor (timing) is actually advancing as rpm goes up.
zrmiller   +1y
what jets are you running i know on the webers about 80 percent is affected by the idle circuit for some odd reason. it makes sense that its underfeeding so you give it more gas to keep it going.
Cusser   +1y
What jets am I using - that's a great question, so I looked it up in my saved Word file. My Weber 32/36 DGEV idle jets are 52 primary (passenger side, US) and 45 secondary (driver side, US). Some tables state 60 and 50. I use the idle speed screw to idle it at 900-1000 rpm because I use the AC so much here in Arizona. As to the inside jets: I've never had the top of the Weber off in all this time so I don't know.
zrmiller   +1y
55 primary 45 secondary I've been playing with it had to turn it like 4 turns out to get the right plug color averaged 26 mpg. so its to rich on the main circuit i believe because i enrichined the whole circuit by that i think i need bigger idle jets.
Page 1 of 1