Page 1 of 1
Mazda Projects \  1990 B2200 f2t swap questions

1990 B2200 f2t swap questions

Mazda Projects
views 1521
replies 1
following 2

4269srd@gmail.com   +1y
Can someone point me to a thread that explains all that is needed to compete the swap? I have a 1990 B2200 in damn good condition. I also have a 1989 Ford Probe Gt that might be running 11psi right now (Dont know if my factory boost gauge works properly or maybe i have a chip in the computer) but the thing keeps up with a 2013 Ford Mustange v6 manual. Dont think the Probes should be able to do that stock, but back on subject, i wanna turbo my truck. What would be the best way to do that. Swap parts from the Probe to the Truck? Or swap the entire Probe engine?
Post was last edited on Feb 10, 2016 11:02. This post has been edited 2 times.
befarrer   +1y
I believe it will involve a fair bit of work. The distributor on the turbo FWD engine sticks out the side of the head, over the bellhousing, which will put the distributor in the firewall of the truck. The other issue, is that I seem to recall the flywheel bolt pattern on the crankshaft being different so the truck flywheel will not bolt up unless you swap cranks. The exhaust and turbo setup will bolt to your existing engine, however, the probe motor is 12 valve,using 2 intake valves per cylinder, where the truck is 8 valve, so the intake manifold will not bolt up.
Page 1 of 1