threads
Page 1 of 2
Mazda Projects \  B2600i 4x4 Motor Swap????

B2600i 4x4 Motor Swap????

Mazda Projects
views 5459
replies 11
following 2

Bigblockb2200   +1y
Hi kinda new here, first post, anyway My 1990 b2600i is smoking, sooo does anyone know if I could swap it with an old b2200 diesel. Like an early 80's? Mazda diesel.
sincitylocal   +1y
This might not be the answer to your question, but it will pique your interest.
http://www.mazdatrucking.com/forum/showthread.php/6376-Mitsubishi-4D56T-into-my-B2600i-4x4
Bigblockb2200   +1y
Anyone know?
befarrer   +1y
Swap as in bolt in, no. Swap as in custom make absolutely everything, then yes, will need transmission from Diesel engine, while I would guess means loosing your transfer case if you are 4X4.
Bigblockb2200   +1y
Well, Ok :( rip 4x4 will 1991 626 motor bolt in? Dont eat my ear off but is 626 an fe3 or only KIA sportage. I don't want to look dumb but you guys probably been here long enough to know.
sincitylocal   +1y
Fe3 only came to North America in 1995-2002 Kia Sportage.
Bigblockb2200   +1y
Where can I find this bell housing in blue i looked on eBay but got duds. The one I got is circled green.
post photo
Post was last edited on Jan 29, 2016 12:01. This post has been edited 1 times.
sincitylocal   +1y
I believe it's 87-88 B2600 only.
Bigblockb2200   +1y
Sincitylocal do you think it will be at a local junkyard or is it tough to find a decent one. I will call the junkyards tomorrow.
befarrer   +1y
I am not sure if you have seen this site, since it is where the picture you posted is from. But if you have the blue circled bellhousing, that is a Mitsubishi 2.6L. Is your truck carburated? If so then it is a Mitsubishi. I am not sure, but the 2.6L Mitsubishi is somewhat common, and the long block from other vehicles using the 2.6L may be a direct bolt in, just swap the manifolds. I know this engine was used in Chrysler Minivans in the 80's in FWD form, probably the Ram 50, and Mitsubishi trucks, but research will have to be done. There may be more engines that will bolt to the transmission, but they are probably fuel injected, so wiring would be complicated, and engine mounts will need to be made.

If your truck is fuel injected, it is a Mazda built engine, no relationship whatsoever to the Mitsubishi engine, and I believe the bellhousing is unique to the 2.6L engine.