Page 1 of 1
Mini Truckin General \  Some winter work

Some winter work

Mini Truckin General General Discussions
views 1078
replies 5
following 3

truck action   +1y
So my 2nd winter project is repairing the tabs for the aircraft type lock down buttons ( ZLoc fasteners). The tabs were welded to the edge of the notch cover body,not enough area to have any strength, hence they would bend!!
The fix, weld new tabs to a plate that goes under the notch body, which I attached with pop rivets so can be removed if needed!! Much stronger!!
At the same time I added strength to the two metal bands that are welded under the cover to keep from flexing, drilled & tapped the bands so stainless button heads could be inserted!
truck action   +1y
Here's the photo's
post photo
post photo
post photo
truck action   +1y
more photos
post photo
leydbck   +1y
I was wondering when you were going to post one of these. I have always enjoyed your side project threads. Anything else new with your Toy?
truck action   +1y
Just catching up on little things that need addressing.Slow air leak that as been hard to find,fixed! Now these tabs,will be done soon. Next a dash LED that bleeds back, & change out the nylon bushings at the shifter.
After that have to change out the AC pump, & plan on some paint work!
simple-pleasurez   +1y
awesome gary. ive wondered what those locks were called. i was thinking about attaching my not cover the same way. good to know the lock receiver welded straight wont be strong enough. keep up the good work
truck action   +1y
Thanks Poot, if you use these ,which are very good, I straighten out the end of the tabs & used piece of the same thickness metal as a spacer under the tabs up against the notch cover while welding in place. Keeps them paced at the correct height!!
Page 1 of 1