threads
Back To Page - Street Trucks Magazine
Page 1 of 2
Street Trucks Magazine \  taking credit for doing work you didnt do posted in a feature....

taking credit for doing work you didnt do posted in a feature....

Street Trucks Magazine
views 1897
replies 11
following 9

laydsuzu   +1y
how can people take credit for something they didnt do to a truck and even go into detail about supposovly "how" they went about the work. My buddy purchased this truck bagged a few years ago with a solid color paint and some billets and wrapped seats, a VERY clean truck. So Derrick decided to put some one sided flames on it who Chris Wolford painted of SE Texas "Twisted Customs and Collision" and did a great job of it. He soon sold it after doing some minor tweaks to it and the new owner soon later got it featured it Street trucks in Jan 2010. He told me the story last night saying how the new owner said he had it painted and how he chose he paint colors and had the interior done when it was already done. How can people do this and take credit for stuff like this? Just say "Hey i bought it like this and got it put in the magazine" there is nothing wrong with doing that just give credit where credit is due ya know? I know its an older feature but still....I really hope the owner of this truck see's and reads this.....
laydsuzu   +1y
this was taken back during the Motorsports Expo that Mark Ferhl put on at Ford park back in early 2008......he had chrome wheels to drive on everyday so he took the billets off to keep clean and dent free.....
post photo
LaidNeon   +1y
not cool
Syk96Rngr   +1y
There are actually a bunch of people like this. Its sad really.
NIGHTMARE73   +1y
IVE NEVER SEEN SCOOTER UPSET,GO OFF ON SOMEBODY, OR SPEAK OUT LIKE THIS BEFORE!!! KIND OF TURNS ME ON! LMAO .... BUT I AGREE TOTALY WITH HIM ON THIS!!
laydsuzu   +1y
yeah there is not too many things that burn my ass but this is one of em lol.
dbldub01   +1y
way to bust their balls Scooty, but I think Derrick should have called them out on this years ago
pugz   +1y
MOST OF THE TIME ITS NOT THE OWNER SAYING ANYTHING. ITS ALL BASED ON A TECH SHEET. SO IF THE WRITERS FOR THE MAG JSUT GO OFF THE SPECS WRITTEN THEY DONT KNOW THE WHOLE STORIES. THEY JSUT PRINT WHAT THEY CAN KNOW OFF WHATS IN THAT TECH SHEET. MOST OF THE TIME ITS A MISCOMMUNICATION THING. THIS COULD OR MIGHT NOT BE ONE OF THOSE TIMES I JSUT KNOW HOW STUFF LIKE THIS GETS MESSED UP
laydsuzu   +1y
well maybe they should try to get the person to be more in-depth and have rough drafts then send the final draft to let them read it to get the story straight pugz.....lol but i see where your coming from. I had my stuff in detail and dates etc and my feature in 08 still wasnt written right lol
NorthwestS   +1y
I think I would be greatful to have been put in the mag and not sweat the small stuff. That's just me.