Page 1 of 2
Truckin' Magazine \  Truckin' Issue 8

Truckin' Issue 8

Truckin' Magazine
views 1831
replies 11
following 9

Truckin Max   +1y
Hey guys and gals, the much anticipated Issue 8 will be on newsstands on 5/31/11. The cover features a '71 K5 Blazer that has been converted to a roadster and a '67 C10 on 22s. Both owned by one man. One very lucky man. Editor Dan Ward and Feature Editor Brandan Gillogly drove 7 hours up to Sac-Town to shoot the two trucks for the cover. Also in this issue is a C10 blowout! Over the past 2-3 years, we have shot many killer C10s and are now showing you some of the best. We have 6 sick C10s in this issue as well as many more on Truckinweb.com. We also have Forbidden Fantasy show coverage, GNRS show coverage, and 16 pages of Tech. So be sure to pick up Issue 8 of Truckin' magazine.
Eddie936   +1y
So..........this is the same truck on both street trucks and trucking'?
svrdwgn   +1y
--------------------------------------------

Eddie936 said:

Yeah I was wondering that too?? I thought truck owners were kind of supposed to have some sort of commitment? Or at least get one, repaint it and then get the other?
Eddie936   +1y

svrdwgn said:

Eddie936 said:

Yeah I was wondering that too?? I thought truck owners were kind of supposed to have some sort of commitment? Or at least get one, repaint it and then get the other?

Lol
Deluxe_D100   +1y
Cover looks awesome
Truckin Max   +1y
Let me explain what happened guys. We contacted the owner of the trucks on our cover and said we were interested in shooting them. He told us it had not been shot for a magazine, which it had not. At a show, the owner was approached by a freelancer saying that he would shoot the truck and make a hard covered book for the owner to buy. Well when it came time to buy the book, the owner did not want to shell out the kind of money for it that the freelancer wanted. So the freelancer sold the photos to another magazine. Without knowing this, Editor Dan Ward and Feature Editor Brandan Gillogly, drove up to Northern California and spent two days shooting the truck in its entirety. The fact that the truck is running at the same time on the two different magazines was by sheer coincidence. I hope this clears things up so you don't think that someone was lied to or something shad happened.
Truckin Max   +1y
Thanks Brandon! We try :)
Mulligan   +1y

Truckin Max said:

Let me explain what happened guys. We contacted the owner of the trucks on our cover and said we were interested in shooting them. He told us it had not been shot for a magazine, which it had not. At a show, the owner was approached by a freelancer saying that he would shoot the truck and make a hard covered book for the owner to buy. Well when it came time to buy the book, the owner did not want to shell out the kind of money for it that the freelancer wanted. So the freelancer sold the photos to another magazine. Without knowing this, Editor Dan Ward and Feature Editor Brandan Gillogly, drove up to Northern California and spent two days shooting the truck in its entirety. The fact that the truck is running at the same time on the two different magazines was by sheer coincidence. I hope this clears things up so you don't think that someone was lied to or something shad happened.

This is completely untrue...we (Street Trucks) were involved in the build of the Blazer since the very beginning when Steve owned it and it was at SEMA with Street Trucks. He sold the Blazer off before it was finished to the current owner who finished it (motor etc). We were in contact with the new owner when he finished it and WE sent the freelancer David Fetherston to shoot the truck late in 2010 as we weren't in the area at that time. We looked to run it closer to the summer time as its a roadster and planned it for this issue. From what I gather Dan and Brandan went up and shot the Blazer about a month or two ago. Neither magazine had knowledge of the other's until it was too late. The Blazer deserves all the attention it gets, very trick and innovative. Should be an interesting month! lol
Truckin Max   +1y
I apologize. I did not know that until now. But Mulligan is absolutely correct, this Blazer does deserve all of this attention and I am very interested to see what comes of this month. It is not too often that this happens.
accordsinner   +1y
Both covers look sick but i have to admit that this driving cover(Truckin) is BADASS!!!