threads
Back To Page - AUTOLOC
Page 1 of 3
AUTOLOC \  What do YOU want in a switchbox?

What do YOU want in a switchbox?

AUTOLOC
views 2844
replies 21
following 19

Ron_autoloc   +1y
Hey guys!      The HELIX R & D guys have been kicking around the idea of manufacturing a switchbox. They wanted me to come to YOU the customers to see what YOU want! Size,Color,Button Type,Functions,Style,Shape,Cord Type,Price Range. We are also giving you a kicker. SUBMIT YOUR AIR RIDE CONTROLLER DESIGN TO US FOR A CHANCE TO WIN A FREEEEE CONTROLLER.We will select 1 winner.  Even if you do not want to submit a design will still want YOUR input!
simple-pleasurez   +1y
Edited: 4/13/2009 11:41:16 PM by Pootus

small hand held. small switches. some switch on off leds. and pie
simple-pleasurez   +1y
OH!! and a quick disconnect. i would feel safer if i could remove my switchbox instead of the shitty universal keys like the eai and avs ones.
jdm customs   +1y
Edited: 4/13/2009 11:51:15 PM by tuckntiremaz

Yes a water proof quick disconnect is an awesome idea. I always wanted to be able to unhook it inside the cab and reattach it out side so the wire doesnt have to come out the window. You can make some billet ones that have the "make" of the vehicle milled into it. I would rock a billet switch box that says/ has mazda milled or etched into it. I like the regular angled 10 switch box but make a billet one. I dunno, I cant come up with any original ideas right now.   Whoopie cushion switchbox? I dunno
Ron_autoloc   +1y
The quick disconnect has been talked about. We are considering USB style or Ethernet style cord. What if the shape was smaller than OTHERs with buttons similar to your TV remote? The soft ones, used to turn up/down your volume...?
PIMPTACO   +1y
---------------------------------------------Originally posted by Kris_Autoloc_HoffmanGrpWhat if the shape was smaller than OTHERs with buttons similar to your TV remote? The soft ones, used to turn up/down your volume...?--------------------------------------------- How durable can a button like that be?  I drive my bagged ride daily and the switchbox is always in my hand. It gets some serious daily use. The quick-disconnect cable is a no brainer! 
tlw32882   +1y
Edited: 4/14/2009 2:31:05 PM by DragaDodge

Edited: 4/14/2009 12:21:40 AM by DragaDodgeabout the same size of an I-phone / touch screen / quick connect / bag and tank pressures on screen / wireless / different color faces avalable including billet / $250-$500 price range
Ron_autoloc   +1y
I will pass these ideas along to R & D. Keep em coming!
artsar   +1y

how about having the switches labled? When i take my car to the shop to get worked on I either have to be there with the mechanic or explain how everything works. While its simple but if it said something like FR, FL, RR, RL that would be helpful I think. As for the soft button thing, i like feeling the click, so if it was more of a waterproof rubber over a normal switch i think it would be better. Feeling that 'click' lets you know you pushed it hard enough and that the switch is working. Also, if you could wire it up so its fail safe. For instance I had an old AVS style switch box and it had a circuit board in it. Well the board went on it one day at work and I couldn't lift the back of the car. The fuse was fine but the board was toast. Luckily for me at the time i had stock front suspension if the front, as i was waiting on my struts, so I just swapped the lines, but if you could make it so that if something does go wrong theres more of a manual way to lift the car that would be great and I really like the idea of the quick disconnect, but if you do decide to use a USB/Lan cable style set up just make sure its strong enough/clips in. Don't want the switch box to jull full off with ease, but also don't want the clips to be shit so they just break. I'd suggest something more like a stereo harness adapter. Clips in, yet its fairly easy to disconnect
draggindakota   +1y
Small size, somewhere between the big 10 switchers and the AVS size, quick disconnect, a lockout/on-off switch (not with a key, just a switch or button) and some nice looking switches (maybe billet? LED lighting in the switches would be nice too.