Page 1 of 1
Mazda 2.2L \  Help!! B2200 Acceleration issues

Help!! B2200 Acceleration issues

Mazda 2.2L Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 738
replies 2
following 1

Mazdarattti   +1y
My truck jumped time a couple months ago. After replacing the water pump, tensioner and all the top end gaskets, two trials of working on the timing it idles beautifully!! But won't accelerate.... It backfires through the carburator and won't accelerate past a grand. This is my daily and I need to get it together asap please help
Cusser   +1y
I won't joke that ALL of us with B2200 have acceleration issues !!!

It actually sounds like your ignition timing is off, even though it idles OK, likely from a vacuum leak. I think the backfiring and the lack of acceleration are clues. And make sure that the vacuum advance line to the distributor is attached correctly, and actually pulls vacuum and advances the distributor.

I had similar timing issues from a used gasket under my Weber after I removed that during my rebuild, once I fixed that I could get timing right. I'd say to plug the vacuum line to distributor and with idle about 800 rpm check/set the ignition timing to 6 BTDC.
Post was last edited on Nov 08, 2015 02:11. This post has been edited 1 times.
Mazdarattti   +1y
We were having hell with ignition timing and we did try making sure we were getting vacuum to the vacuum advance. I'm getting a carb rebuild kit because I cannot afford a weber kit right now. Another part I left out is that we broke a line off the vacuum control module that sits on the intake. Could that play a big part in our issue as well?
Page 1 of 1