threads
Page 1 of 1
Mazda 2.2L \  Weber and pacesetter now overheating.

Weber and pacesetter now overheating.

Mazda 2.2L Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 854
replies 6
following 2

Chase   +1y
So I got this 89 b2200 it was completely stock when I got it. I got a Webber carb and a pacesetter header for it. I replaced the intake manifold gasket and the valve cover gasket when I installed them. When I go to start it up it ran pretty good. Just had to adjust the carb a little bit. Then it started to get really hot almost overheating. So I replace the thermostat thinking that was the problem and I got some water wet. It's a antifreeze additive. And I wrapped my header and it's still getting hot. When I got it, it ran good and cold heater worked everything worked. Now the heater doesn't work and it overheats. Help please.
miller78   +1y
did you hook all the coolant lines up right again?
Chase   +1y
Yes it turns out that my water pump was bad and now it's eating coolant and there is no leaks anywhere. Doesn't leak a drop of anything. And it started smoking really bad two days later. It has a bad head gasket now. Lol. Just one thing after another. But when I'm done it will be a damn near new motor lol.
miller78   +1y
Make sure the head isn't cracked. Too.
Chase   +1y
Everything went together good the head was not cracked. Put everything back together. Now It won't start. Everything went together good the head was not cracked. Put everything back together. Now won't start.
miller78   +1y
Hmm is it in time?
Chase   +1y
Yes. When I was taking the intake off one of the studs caught the gasket and tore it but it was right around the circle where the stud goes through. I'm thinking it might just have a gnarly vacuum leak now. I'm going to start from there and if that doesn't salve the problem I'm going to look at the timing again.
Page 1 of 1