Page 1 of 2
Street Source Suggestions \  Welcome to the new platform! Project Street Source

Welcome to the new platform! Project Street Source

Street Source Suggestions Street Source
views 3048
replies 12
following 6

baha   +1y
Hey guys and gals, just wanted to post a quick welcome thread. You are looking at the new platform for Street Source! I'll post more details in the future but not a single line of code or even a single part of the database schema was used from the old website! Any Linux fans out there?

A lot of the issues people had are fixed but I don't want you to think the site is finished by any means. This is a milestone of course, but really just the beginning. All post, thread, vehicle profile and coverage data has been migrated over already with the exception of new data since 10/08. This data will be migrated over in the next few days.

Club and Business data will be migrated over in the upcoming weeks! If you have any questions about old data, let me know.

Due to security you will need to reset your password before you can login. Another important thing to note is you can now use the same account to access any of the following sites.

StreetSource.com
MazdaBScene.com
RangerScene.com
YotaScene.com
MaxD50Scene.com
DuallyScene.com
S10Scene.com
IsuzuScene.com

Do you see a bug or think a feature should be added? You can do that to! Here is the link to the Feature Request or Bug section. http://www.streetsource.com/bug

Do you have event coverage to upload? I want to work with you! I'm looking for input to making sharing your event coverage quick and easy, please to go this thread to share your input! http://www.streetsource.com/threads/140434
guilty by design   +1y
Looking good Rob!! Hopefully this will set a new pace for updating and improving the site and we can get a good user base back.
baha   +1y
Definitely! I'll probably update the site at least 2-5 times a week. Do you want to combine your accounts into one? You will be able to use the same credentials to access any of the sites listed.
truck action   +1y
On my test ride & will continue in the morning!
truck action   +1y
First off it looks good! Through I don't see our personal ride info,does that have to be reloaded & where??
I see no show coverage ,seems that is in the Gallery area??
I guess we use our e-mail & not a user name??
Just the first things I see that don't jive!!
baha   +1y
It may take some time to adjust but I think you got it. If you click on Rides, there is a button that says my rides. If you don't have anything listed there, please let me know. Yes the Gallery is where we'll keep all the show coverage. Eventually there will be many galleries, say Bagged Toyotas, or Toyotas with 20s etc.

I'm not sure if I understand your third one, you use your email address as your user name.
22below   +1y
So far it looks great. Only thing is the loading from page to page is a little slow.
baha   +1y
Hey guys I merged your posts into this thread to keep the comments together. There was a job running but I agree it still seems slow when loading the home page or the rides main page. Did you notice any other pages that appear to load slow?
leydbck   +1y
Looks good Robert. Good job on everything and thank you for your time and effort.
baha   +1y
I appreciate the kind words, it doesn't happen often.