threads
Page 1 of 1
Mazda 2.6L \  5 speed fill pug which one?

5 speed fill pug which one?

Mazda 2.6L Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 563
replies 7
following 3

jonnyboy303   +1y
hey just drained my tranny but Idk which plug pull out to fill the tranny theres like 3 that look the same which one is it help asap please lol
Post was last edited on Oct 16, 2015 09:10. This post has been edited 1 times.
baha   +1y
You can usually fill it from the inspection plug.
Cusser   +1y
OK, you posted in 2.6L. But is yours a 1987-1988 B2600 or a later B2600i ??? Best to check the owner's manual, or post exactly what you have so someone who has the owner's manual can check for you. We assume that since there's a "fill plug" that it's a manual gearbox. Anyway: also do the rear differential. And if 4WD, don't forget the front stuff.
jonnyboy303   +1y
It's a 91 b2600i 2wd I think I found it. I also did do the differential. I wish I had the owners manual I bought this truck for $500 barely came with Windows lol
Cusser   +1y
There a factory service manual available online for these.
Post was last edited on Oct 17, 2015 10:10. This post has been edited 1 times.
befarrer   +1y
I have also found out that you can remove the shifter and fill the tranny from the shifter hole, its easier than pouring uphill into the inspection hole, just done spill any oil on your carpet, unless you like the smell of gear oil. Make sure to slow down the filling when you reach the rated trans capacity, as you cant see when oil starts running out of the inspection hole.
Cusser   +1y
That's how folks rip the rubber boots on these. I have the little pump that screws on the gear oil bottles, and use a curved piece of copper tubing inside the pumps plastic tubing end to hold the tube in place inside the fill hole. This is actually easier too, just do on a warm day, or take the gear oil inside to warm up, so it's less viscous. And works same on the differential.
jonnyboy303   +1y
Yeah I got it guys thanks for the replys. I used the handle pump out of a gear oil barrel and pumped it in that way took about 2 mins Lol.
Page 1 of 1