Page 1 of 1
Mini Truckin General \  New Trailer

New Trailer

Mini Truckin General General Discussions
views 679
replies 5
following 5

lunatiksblazer   +1y
I was walking through the storage yard today at work (work for a semi trailer manufacture). I couldn't help noticing all the options our flat bed trailers have on them to make life easy. It got the gears spinning that I could probably buy aluminum extrusion drops and build a new trailer. My current one is about scrap from too many years of abuse. What options do you guys think would make our lives easier?
baha   +1y
I think extra long ramps would help loading a lowered vehicle. I really like how the uhaul trailers are made. Do you have a picture of your old trailer, and are you interested in selling it?
lunatiksblazer   +1y
Robert, I am thinking on top of long ramps would put bever tail on the rear of the trailer and also of the trailer on air ride trailer suspension. The nice thing about the air ride is is dump the trailer to load it.

The trailer i am saying is scrap. I mean literally i would not not sell it or give it to anyone. It was a salvage title trailer we torched the axles semi straight again and welded the cracked areas. Frame is twisted from a new holland. Its had a 2nd and 3rd chance its time to let her retire.
NtotheIZZATEDOG   +1y
You could design it with a tilt deck. Not a whole lot going on with design and fab. If you can build a trailer, you should be able to handle it. It would take place of airbags, beaver tail and longer ramps all at once. Add a hydraulic hand-pump cylinder to the front of the deck and it's super convenient.
mjavy7   +1y
Build in a way that it can lay flat on the ground for loading and then raise to do the transport job.
BSGcustoms   +1y
I have a tilt with beaver tail and love it that way. I would stay away from air bags or anything else that would add to failure rates. Half the point of a trailer is reliability.
Page 1 of 1