Page 1 of 1
Ford Trucks \  bagging 1993 f150 front frame swap help

bagging 1993 f150 front frame swap help

Ford Trucks Make Specific
views 2490
replies 8
following 4

reg93f150   +1y
Alright so I've been thinking get rid of I beams, going to ither a mustang II front end or a older like 88-92? Full size gm front frame for the control arms to get it to lay full frame. Gonna bag the truck all 4 corners on 20s max, thinking ither slam specialties re 7s or 8s up front and 8s in back or dominatorpr 2600s all the way around.. which do yall think would be better the mustang II or the full size gm swap? And which bags yall prefer? Thanks for the help
Master Fabber   +1y
Hey man, Im speaking from experience. The mustang II was not designed for long travel air ride. Meaning that max lift is like 7" . Ive built a custom one with longer arms and got 9" out of it, but the best way to go would be the fullsize gm with some nice tube arms and get the matching rear end for cheap. then the lugs would match and have good choice in wheels. Good Luck I love this body style. I Had the first body dropped bronco , and am now building a 1997 f-350. Good luck, later.
reg93f150   +1y
Thanks man for the help! Also I just asked someone how much they would charge to cut my frame and weld the other frame on and what not, he said I should just go with a crown Vic front end instead, it will be a lot easier and a lot cheaper what do yall think?
Master Fabber   +1y
Where are you located? Also i sent you an instant message on here.
reg93f150   +1y
Located in Houston Texas, and will look at it now!
BAGGED 68 FORD   +1y
I would just go with a chevy or newer ford front clip. They both have long control arms which will give you more lift.
I'm running a mustang 2 setup and I wish I could get more lift with it, although it works fine with my setup.
The CV is to wide and will need to run a weird offset wheel to tuck.
reg93f150   +1y
For the Chevy do I have to cut the frame off and what not to be able to hhave it or can I just do like the crown Vic swap
reg93f150   +1y
For the Chevy do I have to cut the frame off and what not to be able to hhave it or can I just do like the crown Vic swap
Master Fabber   +1y
Chevy clip swap requires the frame be cut off and the chevy one grafted in with plate steel. The Crown Vic requires round tube sleeves and plates to be welded into your existing frame
Page 1 of 1