threads
Page 1 of 1
Full Size Truckin General \  Custom billet grills?

Custom billet grills?

Full Size Truckin General General Discussions
views 573
replies 7
following 4

juicedwagon   +1y
Hello everyone. I was wondering if anyone knew of a place that can make custom billet grills. I'm looking to have a phantom grill made for my 2000 Ford Expedition and shave the corners. I sent Airbagit.com a email because the one Kevin at Just Plain Trick looks pretty nice. Just want to see if i have more options. Thank you for any help i can get.
Rob Clayhill   +1y
I dont know where to go for custom pre made grills but theres a few write ups online of building your own billet grille and some guys have made them and they turned out real nice...
juicedwagon   +1y
I know some guys have cut aluminum vents and such into billet grills and that's good if you need a flat grill but mine will need to be round. If you look at photos of 97-2002 expeditions or f150s you will notice the bump in the hood flows into the grill, kind of like the Tacoma trucks before the big model change. I still haven't heard back from aim about making me one. I do know they want $700 for the Tacoma grill.
tacomatoy2001   +1y

I would love to get one for my 82, remember these back in the day? Where did these guys get these? I know it would be best to have the truck in front of someone making it for fitment but if I had a spare grill as a template would that work?

I know companies will only make them for vehicles that will sell in big quanities, which I undertand, that leaves me out.

Thanks guysHave a good weekendPete
post photo
juicedwagon   +1y
I can't tell too much but that looks like stainless tube on that grill. This might be the way i will go because I can do it myself and save some money, even though the tube will be pricey.
juicedwagon   +1y
looks like I will be building my own. aim wants $1500 for one made for my truck. I might mode the hood to remove the bodyline and have one constant curve throughout.
bowtied   +1y
not sure if it helps or not but classicautoparts.com. They have just the thin inserts for sale that they use in there 32 ford grill inserts. There pretty thin. Not sure if they'd be long enough but you might could weld them together. You may have to call them. Ask for kevin if at all possible. He'll know what your looking for. They also ship worldwide. But they sell them individually i think. And you can get plain steel or stainless. It's been 6 months since i worked there but maybe that'll help. And if you wanted to they could take a picture of one of the bars and email it to you. They have a photographer on site. Hope that helps.
juicedwagon   +1y
I'll check that out. Thank you for the information.
Page 1 of 1