Page 1 of 1
Full Size Truckin General \  Need help deciding on link setup

Need help deciding on link setup

Full Size Truckin General General Discussions
views 1466
replies 8
following 7

smallblockmazda   +1y
I'm working on a 91 single cab short bed chevy on 24s. I'm running slam ss-6 all the way around. I will be towing a 16 foot car hauler with a 63 bug or Maybe a mini at times. Nothing real big though. I can't decide on a link setup. Was originally going to do a 3 link wishbone setup with bags on bars. But now I'm not sure. I'm wanting to do a real clean and simple. I would like to hear some ideas on what I should do. Thanks in advance.
jeebus @ mmw   +1y
When ever i set something up to tow, this is my go to setup.

Parallel 4link, with a watts link. Bag over axle, or just behind or ahead of the axle.

Ive seen many horror stories of people doing bag on bar, then towing something and watch their bars bend with the extra weight.

Another thing to look into if you are concerned with the lift and ride quality of bar on axle, add a second set of bags on the bars, so that when you are riding with an unloaded truck, you can use the bags on bars, then when you have a load to haul with the truck, inflate the bags over axle, and you have the towing capacity.

Taylor
smallblockmazda   +1y
Thanks for the info Taylor. Much appreciated. Left u a message at the shop.
slammedxonair   +1y
If this is a full size I would suggest running a bigger bag so that it takes less pressure to lift, I am a direct dealer for KP Components and have some bolt on link options available if you are interested. I also offer weld on link options as well. brian@illusivefabrications.com
smallblockmazda   +1y
--------------------------------------------

slammed x on air said:

If this is a full size I would suggest running a bigger bag so that it takes less pressure to lift, I am a direct dealer for KP Components and have some bolt on link options available if you are interested. I also offer weld on link options as well. brian@illusivefabrications.com

--------------------------------------------

Thanks man. I appreciate the reply. I ended up going with a parallel link and watts link from Taylor@michigan metal works.
laynwindows   +1y
clean, simple, strong, reliable, cheap, save lots of space? 2 link it

commence the shit talkin, done it a bunch of times, had not a single problem
laidoutvideo   +1y
i do not like 2-links, just a personal preference, not saying they dont work i just prefer a 4 link. on my fullsize i run a parallel 4-link w/ a watt's link and rear 6-link bars to lift. if you plan to tow, over-axle it. if not bag on bar for sure. and i too agree that you should never run ss-6 bags on a full size. i run ss-8's front and rear and it rides like a dream. hell even my wife's sonoma runs ss-7's up front and ss-8's in the rear.
jaredmxg   +1y
I fully agree with the parallel link setup with watts' and a strong bridge for a 5th wheel and bag over axle. you can even do a behind axle like Taylor was stating if your not wanting to cut the bed up allot. There are allot of options. For simplicity and hard to go wrong, I would do parallel.
98dakota20   +1y
ya, i would step up to at least the 7s up front. when i had 6s on my dakota, it took way to much pressure to lift it
Page 1 of 1