Page 1 of 1
Mini Truckin General \  tilt bed question

tilt bed question

Mini Truckin General General Discussions
views 635
replies 5
following 4

a969c1   +1y
Hey Im hoping some of you guys that have or have had Mitsu's/D50's with tilt beds can help me out. My question is on a rear-tilt setup, does the bed contact the back of the cab when the bed is moving? Reason I'm asking is because this truck I just bought has a tilt bed but when they built it they moved the bed back about 2 inches so with the bed down it's got this huge gap at the cab that looks like dogass. I've seen several of these trucks on different forums with tilt beds but the gap appears to be closer to normal than mine. thanks in advance
icebaker   +1y
You need to move the folcrum back a few inches from the mounting points to get it to swing back instead of just tipping back. It doesn't matter what kind of truck just have to plan for the rotational space.
a969c1   +1y
I thought the fulcrum was the mounting point. I can cut the hinges off and move them and the cylinders forward to close the gap but i was just wondering if it would hit the cab. i dont understand what youre talking about swing
nissandoordragger   +1y
all the ones ive done ive put the pivot as low and far back as possable that way when it tilts it pulls it away from the cab and you can tilt it when bodydropped and not have it hitting the ground
AVTekk   +1y
The fulcrum is the pivot point, the center of the hinge, and they put it in the wrong place on your truck. You need to move the bed back to where it was and mount the pivot as low and far back as possible. You may need to trim the end of the frame to fit the hinge in there but if you can get it behind the end of the rails or down under them a bit, the bed should not hit the cab.
a969c1   +1y
thanks, that makes sense.
Page 1 of 1