Page 1 of 1
Full Size Truckin General \  am i screwed? pinion question

am i screwed? pinion question

Full Size Truckin General General Discussions
views 470
replies 5
following 3

lwrdabetr   +1y
ok i'm backhalving my frame and it's time to get the pinion and rear setup dealt with. it's bag on bar with a triangulated 4 link and an '88 rcsb. i am NO WHERE close to having the engine or tranny be installed. (new 468!) how can i set pinion angle with no tranny installed? i didn't even think to check angle when i took it apart 2 1/2 years ago! i'm figuring roughly setting ride height around frame being 8" or so off the ground. tires are a 265/35/22 also. Need help ASAP!!! thanks!
AON-4PumpedCL   +1y
Technically you will need to know the angle of your transmission to calculate your pinion angle. Most people just point the pinion down a couple degrees and call it good which works on most vehicles. Didn't work on mine though...I had to point it up 1 degree to eliminate any vibration.
lwrdabetr   +1y
i forgot to mention also on all fourlink bars they will/are adjustable on the rearend side so ishould be able to move it a little that way, correct?
humanmachinehead   +1y
if all you bars are adjustable, set the bars up with about a 1/4-3/8 inch of thread showing on the rod ends and set the pinion to 0. Youll have plenty of room to adjust it a few degrees up to down depending on how it need to go once the engine/trans are in
lwrdabetr   +1y
--------------------------------------------

humanmachinehead said:

if all you bars are adjustable, set the bars up with about a 1/4-3/8 inch of thread showing on the rod ends and set the pinion to 0. Youll have plenty of room to adjust it a few degrees up to down depending on how it need to go once the engine/trans are in

--------------------------------------------

ok thanks im gonna try that then!
lwrdabetr   +1y
another question is do I NEED to have high misalign spacers for the rodends to do sides? upper bars are 1 1/8 and lowers are 1 1/4.
Page 1 of 1