Page 1 of 1
Full Size Truckin General \  making a C/K longbed into a shortbed

making a C/K longbed into a shortbed

Full Size Truckin General General Discussions
views 4932
replies 5
following 4

FluffyFreak   +1y
I would love to have a shortbed crewcab 88-98 CK truck. i been lookin on autotrader and such and finding 92, 93, 94 longbed crewcabs for reasonably cheap so im wondering what kind of frame mods would need to be done to make it a shortbed. dont really want to build a whole new frame if i dont have to. pics would be AWESOME too!
xgolferdude   +1y
If ur gunna bag it just back half it.. its not all that hard...
FluffyFreak   +1y
I know backhalfing it is easy, but it is costly. I know on a 73-87 all you gotta do is slicoe 14" outta Tue frame, wondering if a c/k is just as easy
slamdtaco   +1y
Edited: 5/3/2012 9:44:19 PM by SLAMDTACO

just look for a centurion conversion. they take a regular cab and make it into a 4 door short bed. they've been doing it since the 60s I believe with/for GM and Ford. my friend just bought a 97

they didnt make many, so you will have to search a lot to find one. the one my friend found was on CL in Nevada. he had it shipped to south FL

a sample from searching google images

post photo
xgolferdude   +1y
i mean if u have the fab skills to cut up a frame then u have the skills to do a back half and what a 24 ft stick of 2x4 3\16 wall is like what maybe a $100?? and it will look way better... again just my .02...
FluffyFreak   +1y
looking for a 3/4 or 1 ton so i can tow a minimum of a 40 ft bumper pull and 2 fullsize trucks. so a half ton wont work.
Page 1 of 1